To enable all delegates to safely recruit suitable people to safeguard children.
How long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
All those who need to recruit people to safeguard children
- developing safer recruitment policies and procedures for your organisation
- preparing the recruitment process.
- selecting the right people to interview
- responding to concerns identified through background checks and assessing risk
- responding to inappropriate behaviour and allegations of abuse
- carrying out thorough background checks
- how to complete international ‘police’ checks on potential candidates
- how to use the Disclosure and Barring service and overseas checks
- have an awareness of ‘professional’ offending behaviour
- identify useful interview questions and evaluate answers
- what is needed in induction of new staff to prevent poor practices
- keeping records of the recruitment process in line with UK inspection standards
- create policies and procedures for ‘safe’ working practices with and around children
- identify how and why organisations have failed and the consequences.
- Understanding what ‘Keeping children safe in Education 2021’ states in relation to safer recruitment.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to; understand the guidance that leads to safer recruitment procedures, outline what is meant by safer recruitment and the practices involved, explain how safer recruitment supports effective safeguarding practice within, define pre-employment and employment checks, be able to identify legislation that underpins safer recruitment, with a focus on Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 (UK) and cases where a safe recruitment process could have prevented abuse, understand how to assess the suitability of candidate and have an understanding around offending behaviour – in particular sex offending by professionals.