Working in a medical environment but not having medical knowledge can be an issue for many people working in health care. This interesting and easily understood course is designed to give learners the basics of medical terminology, definitions of medical words and an understanding of some of the medical topics which will commonly arise in a health care environment.
Who is the Course aimed at?
Anyone without medical training who works in the health care environment (e.g. GP Practices, Hospitals, Clinics etc) and needs to understand Medical Terminology
How long is the Course?
What will you learn?
On completion of the course, participants will:
- have an understanding of the basics of medical terminology
- be aware of the definitions of some of the commonly used words
- know the categories in which the body is studied
- understand terminology around diseases
- know commonly used abbreviations and medical symbols
- be confident in the body structure and systems
- be aware of various medical specialties
âGreat Course thank youâ Reception Supervisor, NHS, Liverpool
âVery good and well explainedâ Receptionist/Administrator, GP Practice, Liverpool