Making Every Contact Count
This this half day course aims to offer workshops for participants to increase knowledge and skills in supporting clients/service users and members of the public to live healthier lifestyles and promote wellbeing
The session is designed to increase your confidence in discussing lifestyle issues with others and increase your awareness of services in your local area around health and wellbeing
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
All staff who work directly with members of the public who may be able to support healthy life choices
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand what MECC is and how it works
- Understand how to engage in MECC with your client group
- Explore what makes people respond the way they do and how to reduce conflict and resistance
- Practice using communication skills to aid change by working in a motivational way
- Be aware of stages of change and how to recognise and support these
- Develop an understanding of the three A’s to effective conversations