Diversity in the Workplace
The diversity within teams adds to both the richness of our work and improves the ways in which we can provide services to the people who access them.
In this session we will be looking at the practical steps we can take in order to ensure the appropriateness and effectiveness of our own practice but also what we can instigate and maintain within our team in order to ensure that regardless of differences that people are treated with respect, understanding and dignity.
Who is the Course Aimed at?
All Managers at any level
How Long is the Course?
By the end of this session participants will have:
- Identified how managing and leading on equality and diversity is present in all the tiers of management and leadership
- Considered the effective and reflective management of different types of workplace diversity
- Recognised that workplace diversity encompasses many different characteristics, such as: race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities and disabilities, religion, political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, geographical orientation, language and culture
And participants will be able to:
- Discuss the ways in which an acknowledgement of equality and diversity within every tier of an organisation is a crucial factor in an inclusive workplace
- Outline the practical ways in which we can incorporate equality and diversity into every aspect of our practice as a manager and a leader
- Identify the characteristics that could lead to a person experiencing discrimination and the actions we can take to address this