Chairing Sensitive Meetings
This one day training course supports members of staff who chair a variety of different types of meetings which all have the same theme in common, they are all sensitive meetings e.g. Adult & Child Protection Meetings, Safeguarding Meetings, HR Meetings, Disciplinary Meetings, Restructuring Consultation etc.
Who is the Couse Aimed At?
Anyone who needs to chair sensitive meetings
By the end of the course delegates will have
- Considered how to effectively plan for sensitive meetings
- Considered the purpose and functions of chairing sensitive meetings
- Understood the structure of a sensitive meeting and the role of the chairperson
- Explored the impact of stress and anxiety on people and how this shapes their behaviour
- Considered a range of human development theories in order to consider managing behaviours and supporting individuals in contributing to sensitive meetings
- Considered how to deal with challenging behaviours from eg family and professionals in a non threatening yet assertive way (using motivational questioning techniques)
- Become aware of how to use SMART Planning to record meeting outcomes and expectations
- An overview of national and local policy and procdures
“This is the best training I have attended and I have learned about myself and how to communicate more effectively with staff” Manager, ASC, Portsmouth CC
” I feel more confident in chairing meetings now and look forward to putting this into practice” AMHP, ASC, Portsmouth CC