Achieving Best Evidence – Refresher
Updated in line with new Ministry of Justice ABE Guidance 2022
Designed for those practitioners who have completed the full Achieving Best Evidence course but have not conducted an interview in the last year or more and need updating both in the law and on court case directions, also to revisit and renew their skills learnt at the initial course.
Additionally, for those who would like to practice in a safe setting the ABE interview if they feel a refresher course would be beneficial. The candidates will be assessed on one interview and be given feedback by both the tutor and their peers on the 2-day course
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
Those who need their knowledge updating in line with the new Ministry of Justice ABE Guidance 2022 and Practitioners who have completed the full Achieving Best Evidence course but have not conducted an interview in the last year
Day 1 will be updating students on: –
- Current legislation and case law revisited, and new laws and cases explained.
- Revisiting the ABE model of interviewing and questioning skills.
- Barriers to disclosing will be explored to get a sense of why some children find it difficult to disclose.
- Looking at the ABE structure and putting it into practice with peer feedback sessions.
- Each delegate completes a short interview with another candidate in the ABE style. Feedback both peer to peer and trainer feedback is offered.