OverviewThe main purpose of the training is for delegates to understand the process of the PLO
Who is Understanding the Public Law Outline aimed at?Social Workers at all levels
Course Length1 day
On completion of the course, delagtes will be able to:-
- To understand what PLO is
- To develop an understanding of the current requirements under the PLO process.
- To develop an understanding of the basic legal requirements for pre-proceedings and initiation of care proceedings: Threshold criteria and timescales.
- To explore various Court options: Applications for Interim Care Orders (ICO’s), Supervision Orders and Emergency Protection Orders.
- To develop an understanding of what constitutes evidence in care proceedings for various kinds of harm: Physical, Emotional and Chronic Neglect.
- To explore issues relating to the drafting of Court documentation: Chronologies, Initial Social Work Statements, Interim Care Plans, Final Statements, Final Care Plans.
- What are good and poor statements and care plans, their effect on evidence?
- To enhance practical Court room skills and to build confidence around effective presentation of evidence within this area.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the different professionals and their roles within the Court arena
- To develop an understanding of best practice in working with Court Guardians (CAFCASS)
- Understanding cross examination – giving good evidence
- Dealing with the outcomes after court.