OverviewThe focus of this course is to explore racism and discrimination and its impact on black and minority ethnic children and families. This interactive course will inform and assist practitioners to work in a culturally sensitive way, ensuring that stereotyping and prejudice do not affect safe practice.
Who is Understanding Cultural Diversity in our Work with Children and Families aimed at?All those working in children and families social care
Course Length1 day
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
• Understand prejudice, discrimination and racism
• Examine how racism and discrimination affect BME families
• Understand how our personal values can influence our professional approach
• Explore ways to work effectively with black and minority ethnic families and young people
• Learn lessons from serious case reviews
• Understand the importance of working within anti-racist/anti-discriminatory ways when engaging children, young people and their families.