OverviewThis two-day Supervision Training course (with the option of a third follow up day) is designed to assist participants to deliver a model of supervision that works within a health organisation and contributes towards keeping adults safe from harm.
Who is Supervising to Safeguard in Health Organisations (Adults) aimed at?Supervising healthcare staff
Course LengthMin 2 max 3 days
Understand what constitutes effective safeguarding supervision and its relationship to safe practice and positive outcomes for adults
By the end of the course delegates will have:-
- Consider lessons from practice and the implication for supervision practice
- Consider how emotions may impact on staff and decision making in adult protection
- Understand how best to help staff evaluate and analyse information and use this analysis to inform decision making in situations where there are concerns about the safety of an adult
- Use the supervision cycle, and understand how it can be used as a model to facilitate effective supervision in both formal and informal situations
- Understand the role that the supervisor can play within the safeguarding system and at the interface with other organisations
Day 3 (optional) This is a day to reflect on what has been achieved since the first 2 days and notice progress. The supervisors will review where they are at now, build on their positive experiences and have practice supervision sessions. This third day can be adapted to the requirements of the customer, adding in addional parts of supervision practice/theory if and where required.