OverviewThrough this course, participants will develop an awareness of Schizophrenia how best to support an individual who may be suffering with it.
Who is Schizophrenia Awareness aimed at?Anyone in social care who works with people with Schizophrenia
Course Length1 day
On completion of the course, participants will understand:
- What is Schizophrenia- including a definition of Schizophrenia, common types and symptoms of each, statistics of sufferers within the population?
- Causes of Schizophrenia including predisposing factors that could affect the likelihood of an individual developing the illness.
- How Schizophrenia affects people including symptomatology and behavioural affects
- Effective interventions for Schizophrenia including Pharmacology, and psychological interventions.
- Managing Schizophrenia- Reducing the impact on an individual