OverviewTo enable all delegates to safely recruit suitable people in an education or social care setting to safeguard children.
Who is Safer Recruitment aimed at?Education and Social care settings
Course Length1 Day
On conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand the guidance that leads to safer recruitment procedures
- outline what is meant by safer recruitment and the practices involved
- explain how safer recruitment supports effective safeguarding practice within schools
- define pre-employment and employment checks
- be able to identify legislation that underpins safer recruitment, with a focus on Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 (UK) and cases where a safe recruitment process could have prevented abuse
- understand how to assess the suitability of candiate and have an understanding around offending behaviour - in particular sex offending by professionals.