OverviewThis course will give learners the knowledge they need to be able to identify the signs and symptoms of abuse and what they need to do if they suspect a child is being abused or discloses sensitive information to them. The training gives you a deeper understanding of safeguarding issues and how to effectively report them when abuse is suspected.
Who is Safeguarding Children Level 2 aimed at?Anyone who works with children
Course Lengtha half day
On completion of the course, you will learn:-
- The profound impact some well-known cases of child abuse and neglect have had on legislation.
- The ability to explain the importance of multi-agency co-operation.
- How to define safeguarding in respect to children and young people.
- What you need to do if a child makes a disclosure or if you suspect abuse.
- What whistleblowing is, what it is not and why it is important.
- Ways you can reduce the risk of abuse.
- The signs and symptoms of the different types of abuse.