OverviewSafeguarding means protecting people’s health, wellbeing and human rights, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. It also means making sure people are supported to get proper access to health. Safeguarding adults at risk is fundamental to high-quality health and social care services. This Safeguarding Adults Level 3 training course enables professionals to be fully competent in safeguarding adults.
Who is Safeguarding Adults Level 3 aimed at?This course is designed for all working in the Adult Safeguarding arena irrespective of their experience or qualifications
Course Length1-2 days
On completion of the course, participants will
- Understand what adult safeguarding is.
- Understand what ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ means under the Care Act
- Know what a safeguarding enquiry entails.
- Know what promoting wellness means for the adult
- Understand the 6 principles and are and how they impact on adults
- Explore the 10 categories of abuse and what the behavioural and physical signs are
- Have an outline Local procedures
- Explore the MCA and how this affects adults and professionals dealing with mental capacity
- Know how to speak to adults who disclose abuse and get the most reliable information.