OverviewThe receptionist plays a key role in promoting the image of the business and ensuring that external and internal stakeholders are linked to the right person quickly and efficiently. They are very often the first person that an external customer will speak to or see so it is vital that the person fulfilling this role is; Knowledgeable about the organisation. Understanding of the structure of the Trust so they can direct queries and questions to the correct person or department. Able t0 make and receive telephone calls using the organisation’s codes of practice and correct telephone etiquette. A strong communicator – possesses active listening skills and emotional intelligence Adaptable and resilient In possession of excellent time management skills Empathetic – Actively interacting when greeting internal clients i.e. children to help reduce anxiety and make them feel comfortable.
Who is Providing Reception Services aimed at?Receptionists/Reception Staff
Course Length1 day
In this course you will learn how to develop your skills by exploring key functions that a receptionist is responsible for.
You will look at how visitors are welcomed into the organisation and how they are dealt with in terms of recording their presence and directing them to the correct area of the organisation.
You will also consider how telephone calls are dealt with and how to deal with those calls or visitors who can be challenging.
During the session you will:
- Explain the receptionist’s role in representing an organisation.
- Explain an organisation’s structure and lines of communication.
- Describe an organisation’s standards of presentation.
- Explain the health, safety, and security implications of visitors to a building.
- Explain how to deal with challenging people.
- Answer calls promptly using the correct identification.
- Explore the importance of using the correct tone and language to create a positive impression.
This is an interactive course and we will be practicing the skills in a safe and fun manner.