Engaging with patients on a more personal and proactive level, and supporting them to help manage their own care, can have a dramatic effect on the experience of patients and the satisfaction of the entire practice team.
Who is Patient Engagement aimed at?
GP practice staff
Half or one day
Staff who attend this training will gain an understanding of patient engagement in terms of;
· cost, quality and patient outcomes.
· engaging patients in shared decision making
· how to formulate a brief action plan in support of behaviour change
· be more aware and responsive to the role of patient engagement
· active signposting
· Patient Participation Groups (PPG)
· Volunteer sessions