OverviewThis one-day course will give delegates the knowledge and practical skills needed for the moving and handling of children safely.
Who is Moving and Positioning of Children aimed at?This training course has been designed especially for staff working with the children in various settings such as nurseries, hospitals, residential and community settings, where the moving and handling of children and young people is part of the daily routine.
Course Length1 day
By the end of the course deleagtes will be able to:-
- Inanimate load handling, lifting/carrying babies and children, other manoeuvres and transfers when working with babies, children and young people.
- Staged lifting of small child to and from floor.
- Small child assisted transfer from one surface to another e.g. chair, toilet, bed.
- Manual lifting and carrying of a small child from one surface to another e.g. chair and bed.
- Assisting small child to stand up or sit down.
- Assisting a small child to walk.
- Where participants move and handle babies – demonstrating appropriate principles of manual handling, when lifting and carrying a baby from one surface to another e.g. floor, cot, pram.
- Safe use of any equipment used, including pre-checks.
- Activities of daily living with small children e.g. assisting with nutritional support, dressing or changing nappies.
- Moving and handling play equipment or small furniture.
- Emergency situations