A short session for participants to understand how and why we think, feel and react to stress and to understand and practise mindful responses to stress. Mindfulness will help develop present moment awareness to see life differently, change unhelpful patterns and experience more choice.
The course will enable candidates to apply Mindfulness personally and professionally to reduce stress in everyday lives
Who is Mindfulness – Bitesize aimed at?
Anyone in the organisation who wishes to learn mindfulness as a way of reducing stress and strengthening resilience
On conclusion of the course, participants will understand how to:
- increase mind-body awareness
- identify and reduce stress
- gain new coping skills to manage stress
- be more responsive and less reactive in the midst of complex, and highly charged situations
- affect and nurture deep states of relaxation and stress reduction
- increase concentration, focus, and clarity of thought through the daily practice of mindfulness
- break old habits and create new habits of the mind