OverviewThe brand new 2023 two-day certificated programme for candidates to become Mental Health First Aiders, certified by MHFA England aims to allow participants to gain an awareness of Mental Health disorders, the different types of mental disorder, the causes of mental disorder, and the symptoms to look out for and actions to take. The course will identify the statistics of mental health disorders, it will cover suicide and self-harm and how to support someone with suicidal ideas or carrying out self-harm. It will enable participants to have the skills and confidence around mental health disorders, how to support someone who may have a mental health disorder in seeking the appropriate help and will endeavour to put mental health on the same footing as physical health in the workplace.
Who is Mental Health First Aid (Accredited) aimed at?All staff
Course Length2 days
On conclusion of the course, participants will have:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
- Skills to recognise the main signs and symptoms of common mental health issues
- Skills to provide initial support
- Skills to guide a person towards appropriate professional help
- Ability to be mindful of your own wellbeing
- Developed an understanding of how you can create and maintain a healthier community
The course will set out what needs to be done to develop a culture of acceptance of mental health in the workplace.