OverviewThis course help learners understand the symptoms and management of the perimenopause. Learners should be able to take this information and use it to improve their understanding of the women they work with and support them in the workplace. The information aims to enable women who know or suspect they are going through the perimenopause to manage their symptoms
Who is Menopause Awareness aimed at?Anyone wanting to be more aware of the menopause, and wanting to support perimenopausal women.
Course Lengtha half day
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Understand medical definitions of the menopause and perimenopause
- Understand what causes the menopause
- Know the symptoms of the perimenopause
- Be aware of the medical options for treatment
- Be aware of non-medical management of symptoms
- Be aware of menopause myths
- Be able to give information for a woman’s partner, children, friends, employer/colleagues.
- How to talk to the medical profession and your employer about this issue