OverviewThis course will provide participants with an insight into the available methods complimentary to, and instead of formal processes’ for conflict resolution; including skilled use of communication and questioning and identifying ‘people problems’ which could potentially become an issue for resolution. Particularly, but not limited to acquiring the skills to re-establish working relationships after a formal dispute has been resolved. This course will introduce participants to a range of skills, competencies and knowledge/experience that make up the mediator skill set. This includes, but is not limited to, Non-Violent Communication (NVC), Motivational Interviewing techniques and restorative conversations.
Who is Mediation Skills for Business Support Staff aimed at?This is a course primarily designed for anyone working within an organisation where communication within working relationships is a key component of the day to day working environment.
Course Length1.5 days
On completion of the course, participants will be able:
- To demonstrate a strong understanding of the knowledge of theory and practice in a variety of mediation skill areas
- Have an introduction into Non Violent Communication skills, Restorative Practice skills and mediation outcome skills
- To use the Mediation Skills learned as a useful tool to provide staff with the skills in the field of conflict de-escalation and resolution
With a view to;
- Understand people’s needs and address them according to mutual , reciprocal exchanges before an issue arises
- De-escalate a range of issues, including relationship breakdown, personality clashes, and communication problems
- to resolve non positive communication exchanges and / or conflict involving individuals where an issue has arisen
- To be able to demonstrate learning and to contribute to positive examples of where the skills learned have been used