This course is suitable for anyone who works in a health and social care setting, such as a residential home, nursing home, hospice, day centre, primary care centre, community hospital or disability service.
The training is appropriate for workers of all levels, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time staff and volunteers
Who is Manual Handling – Half Day aimed at?
- List legal responsibilities with regard to moving and handling
- Explain the consequences of poor moving and handling practice
- Explain body anatomy in relation to moving and handling
- Describe the principles of safe moving and handling
- Demonstrate safe moving and handling practice