This course will explore the pre-authorisation review stage of the LPS framework. This course will explore both paths; the ‘light touch/on the papers’ approach, and the involvement of an AMCP in certain situations. The process for identifying and evidencing if the qualifying criteria are met will also be covered.
Who is LPS – Pre-authorisation aimed at?
Adult Social Care and Health Care staff involved in LPS
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:-
- Understand who can undertake the pre-authorisation review
- Understand what needs to be done within both paths of the preauthorisation review
- Understand who needs to be involved, and which people must be consulted
- Understand and apply the qualifying criteria at the pre-authorisation review stage
- Consider some of the difficulties which might arise at the preauthorisation review stage