OverviewThis course aims to reduce the risks of lone working and help develop safer and more confident practice when working with clients in both community and workplace settings.
Who is Personal Safety for Lone Workers aimed at?This training course is designed specifically for those working in the health and social care sectors.
Course Length1 day
On completion of the course, delegates will be ablew to understand:-
- The motives and triggers of attackers and the drivers behind violent situations.
- Defining violence at work and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- De-escalation techniques and strategies
- Avoiding risk and danger
- The cycle of aggression
- Risk Assessments and reporting procedures for violence and aggression and lone working incidents.
- Support mechanisms and debrief available for victims of violence and aggression.
- Understand the council’s lone working procedure and any other policies relating to violence and aggression in the workplace.
- Staying safe when working in the community.