OverviewThis Human Rights Training course will provide attendees with a comprehensive overview of the Human Rights legislation in the UK. Attendees will explore the background and current position of the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights. Attendees will explore the difference between limited, qualified, and absolute rights. Attendees will also look at how Human Rights should be considered within social care practice, and, how issues with competing rights are addressed.
Who is Human Rights aimed at?Adult Social Care staff
Course Length1 day
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:-
- Understand the legal context surrounding Human Rights Law,
- Be able to define and interpret the relevant Human Rights legislation,
- Understand relevant Human Rights case law,
- Understand how and when it is lawful to impede a Human Right,
- Understand the duties of Adult Social Care within Human Rights,
- Develop a clear awareness of Human Rights concerns in practice and how these can be addressed,
- Understand the future developments in Human Rights,
- Apply learning to practice.