OverviewTo empower staff with the skills and knowledge to be able to have various types of difficult or challenging conversations with service users. These conversations are based on the needs and circumstances of the clients, whether they are at risk and crisis, whether they need to connect with things that can help them to progress their lives or whether they need help with support planning and budgets.
Who is Holding Difficult Conversations aimed at?Anyone in the workplace who struggles to engage in difficult and challenging conversations as part of their role.
Course Length1 day
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Thought about difficult conversations and the skills you already possess
- Learnt about the preparation that will support you and motivation techniques
- Identified key communication skills
- Tried out the skills and received constructive feedback
- Thought about the follow-up