OverviewThis course will explain what fabricated or induced illness is and some of the ways that it might manifest. We will think about the triggers for this type of abuse and some of the ways that professionals working with children might be able to identify if a child is suffering fabricated or induced illness. We will learn about the responsibilities of staff in relation to this issue and think about what you should do if you think a child is suffering, or is at risk of suffering, this type of abuse.
Who is Fabricated Ilness aimed at?Anyone who works with Children
Course Length1 day
By the end of the course delegates will undertstand:-
- What is fabricated or induced illness
- How do parents or carers fabricate or induce illness?
- Why does this type of abuse happen?
- How do professionals become aware that a child is suffering fabricated or induced illness?
- What should you do if you think a child is suffering fabrication or induced illness?