The aim of this course is to develop and build foster carers' knowledge of how they can support the education of Children in Care.
Who is Education of Looked after Children aimed at?
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the ways in which foster carers can support the education of children in care
- Describe the ways in which each carer can get involved in the education of their foster children
- Illustrate the ways in which the education of Looked After Children is defined in legislation
- Outline the ways in which foster carers make a difference to the success of Looked After Children in education
- Formulate an individual foster carer plan to support the education of the children in their care.