OverviewThe misuse of alcohol and drugs is a significant problem that affects not only individuals and families, but also the workplace. This course will help employers and organizations across different sectors to develop good practice in all aspects of alcohol and drug related issues.
Who is Drug & Alcohol Awareness aimed at?This is an introductory level course. It is suitable for new staff or experienced professionals in any sector, who want to update their skills.
Course LengthHalf day
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Recognise the signs of drug and alcohol use
- Know how to reduce a client’s distress after they have used drugs or alcohol
- Know how to refer a client to relevant support services for addiction
- Understand the wider problems faced by clients as a result of their addiction
- Be able to help their colleagues reflect on their own values, priorities, interests and effectiveness in dealing with addiction use among clients