The purpose of this training is to develop awareness and understanding of Domestic Abuse and to support all individual dealing with domestic abuse issues in their daily work
Who is Domestic Abuse aimed at?
Suitable for anyone working with children or adults where domestic abuse may be a concern.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define domestic abuse
- Understand the theory behind domestic abuse
- Discuss the pressures on victims to stay
- Take appropriate action and provide support to victims of domestic abuse
- List safety strategies for victims and staff
- Understand early intervention & information sharing
- Manage Risk
- Engage with MARAC when appropriate
- Recognise when domestic abuse becomes a child protection issue