The aim of the course is to introduce the main issues which arise when working with or caring for someone who is experiencing common mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety and also those diagnosed with a personality disorder. The course will look at the nature of the most commonly diagnosed conditions and also explore the complexity of Personality Disorders, including Borderline Personality Disorder and Anti-Social Behaviour disorders amongst others.
Who is Depression, Anxiety and Personality Disorder aimed at?
Those who work with people who are experiencing common mental health issues
- Discuss the most commonly diagnosed mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression
- Understand the nature of effects on behaviour, care and development of those affected
- Discuss the nature and complexities of Personality Disorders
- Understand and practice commonly used techniques to manage those affected where appropriate
- Understand the main treatment modalities, including medication and talking therapies such as CBT, motivational interviewing