This course will look at working with distressed and difficult clients by developing awareness of the issues involved when sharing information in a highly emotive and challenging setting. Delegates will develop an understanding of the impact, on both the giver and receiver, of support and information and explore tried and tested ways of communicating with distressed people and identify the most appropriate strategies.
Who is Dealing with Distressed People aimed at?
All professionals working with people in distressing situations
On conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Clarify, practise and improve communications skills
- Provide practical advice and strategies for dealing with people in distress
- Develop mechanisms for personal, peer and organisational support
- Increase confidence and competence in communicating with and supporting people in distress
- Endorse the benefits of sharing skills, experiences and feelings, when involved in this type of work