OverviewThis one-day conflict awareness and verbal response training session helps participants to develop their insight into the reasons why we may encounter conflict in the workplace. In this De-escalation - A Proactive Approach to Conflict Training course we share simple and effective strategies for creating and maintaining safe working practices and environments.
Who is De-escalation – A Proactive Approach to Conflict aimed at?This course is appropriate for all individuals who work in health, social care, housing or any other customer-facing environment. The content and examples used will be tailored to the workplace of the participants.
Course Length1 day (a 2-day course is available)
On conclusion of this course, participants will:
- Understand the Principles of Conflict
- Understand the difference between risk assessment and risk management.
- Understand the fundamentals of good practice in relation to challenging behaviour.
- Understand the link between the attitudes of people at all levels in organisations, their effectiveness and the style of their practice.
- Understand the rights and obligations under current legislation and the relevance to everyday practice.
- Have enhanced their skills and ability to defuse and de-escalate confrontation using verbal responses.