OverviewThis two-day conflict awareness training session helps participants to develop their insight into the reasons why we may encounter conflict in the workplace. In this session we share simple and effective strategies for creating and maintaining safe working practices and environments.
Who is De-Escalation – A Proactive Approach to Conflict 2-day Course aimed at?Appropriate for all individuals who work in health, social care, housing or any other customer-facing environment. The content and examples used will be tailored to the workplace of the participants.
Course Length2 day
On completion of this course, participants will understand:
- The principles of conflict
- The difference between risk assessment and risk management. That conflict, like any other hazard in the workplace, should be accurately assessed before appropriate precautions are put in place.
- The fundamentals of good practice in relation to challenging behaviour. To shift emphasis away from the client, ensuring that staff approach their practice with clarity.
- The link between the attitudes of people at all levels in organisations, their effectiveness and the style of their practice.
- Rights and obligations under current legislation and the relevance to everyday practice and how dangers, hazards and risks cover a wide spectrum.
- How to defuse and de-escalate confrontation using verbal responses.
- Phase one and two physical interventions (deflection/escape/release techniques).