The aim of the course is to learn simple techniques to create positive outcomes, identify ways to achieve resilience and assertiveness, and look at how to use the skills to engage people including difficult situations.
Who is Courageous Conversations aimed at?
Newly qualified social workers
- Understand your strengths and steps to utilising them
- Communication filters, active listening
- Body language to use to engage people and to recognise signs of positivity and negativity
- The steps of the confident conversation
- Learn simple conversations to remove obstacles
- The ‘Three Conversation’ approach
- Influencing and negotiating techniques
- Know assertive techniques and recognise when to use them
- How to build own resilience to increase positive outcomes
- To give effective feedback in a way that encourages positive change
- How to look after yourself when you don’t get what you want