Communicating with disabled children, particularly non-verbal children requires a very special set of skills. This course sets out to help participants overcome the various barriers to good communication and offers a range of tools and resources to help
Who is Communication with Disabled Children aimed at?
Anyone working with disabled children
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Explore communication in its wider sense with a particular focus on non-verbal communication and behaviour.
- Discuss how to overcome barriers to communication.
- Become familiar with tools and resources available to aid communication, including the use of Alternative and Augmented systems.
- Understand the process of writing a social story.
- Explore how to capture and reflect the voice of the child.
- Increase their confidence when communicating with disabled children.