The focus of this training event is to equip participants with knowledge skills, practice examples and provide them opportunity to apply practice during the training. This training is tailored to enhancing communication with children and young people.
Who is Communicating with Children aimed at?
All practitioners who work with children, young people and their families
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Revisited boundary setting with children and young people using a structured approach
- Considered own understanding of communication and how you are communicating with children and young people as this will differ from communicating with adults
- Explored a range of human development theories including attachment, child development, change theory and working with hard to reach young people
- Considered how to use a structured model of child and adolescent development to enhance engagement with children and young people
- Had an opportunity to apply a range of models to practice including Solution focused Approaches, change work, restorative practice and motivational interviewing techniques
- Explored the impact of attachment driven responses in change work and in ability of children and young people to understand and change behaviours
- Considered the role of emotional intelligence and how this affects empathy and self regulation
- Identified a range of behaviours and how to work with these in relation to their meaning