OverviewThis course will provide frontline staff with the ability to increase their knowledge of development of children from the ages of 0-12
Who is Child Development (0-12 years) aimed at?Frontline social care staff
Course Length2 days
By the end of the program, delegates will have the opportunity to:-
- Identify normative patterns of child development for children aged 0 - 12
- Gain an awareness of the factors affecting child development including poverty, domestic violence, substance misuse, neglect and mental health
- Gain an awareness of external issues affecting child development including social media, school, values and beliefs
- Increase understanding of child development via the use of supporting theories
- The influence of parental relationships and practices on child development.
- How these factors impact on a child's brain development and emotional intelligence.