OverviewThis course will provide children's social care staff with the ability to increase their knowledge of child and adolescent development
Who is Child and Adolescent Development aimed at?Childrens social care staff
Course Length1 day
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Refresh their understanding of child and adolescent development with specific reference to key developmental theories
- Explore the latest research findings relating to neuroscience and child development.
- Understand the factors that impact on child development, including parenting styles, environmental and social factors, disability and resilience
- Become familiar with the screening tools available to support assessments
- Demonstrate professional curiosity and critical thinking skills in order to produce evidence-based assessments that reflect a thorough understanding of developmental milestones.