This course will provide participants with a complete understanding of Catheter/Stoma Care.
Who is Catheter Care aimed at?
Suitable for direct care staff in health and social care
On completion of the course, participants will understand:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Daily care procedures of stomas /catheters
- Different types of catheterisation
- The Checklist for cleaning the skin
- Emptying and measuring the catheter/Stoma bag
- Changing a catheter/Stoma bag
- Reasons for and methods of Stoma formation.
- Infection Control methods