OverviewThe need to successfully capture the views and wishes of children is a concept that is both philosophically shared as well as embedded in legislation. Those of us working with disabled children need to draw on a skills base of creativity, flexibility and advocacy in order to ensure the voice of each child is captured, valued and used to influence and enhance the quantity of disabled children's lives and experiences.
Who is Capturing the Views & Wishes of Disabled Children aimed at?All those who work with disabled children
Course Length1 day
Participants will be offered the opportunity to:
- Explore communication in its wider sense with a particular focus on non-verbal communication and behaviour. -
- Discuss how to overcome barriers to communication.
- Become familiar with tools and resources available to aid communication, including the use of Alternative and Augmented systems.
- Understand the process of writing a social story.
- Explore how to capture and rewards the voice of the child.
- Increase their confidence when communicating with disabled children.