A course for delegates to build their Mentoring skills, learn new skills and create new behaviours to support apprentices and teams with personal career progression.
Understand how to develop personal competencies and how not to develop unhealthy dependencies for the effective mentoring relationship. Develop objective measures to track effectiveness, develop awareness and responsibility in the coachee and boost morale and transform toxic attitudes into positive attitudes.
Who is Apprentice Training aimed at?
All those managing and supporting apprentices
On completion of the course, particpants willl understand:
- How to promote understanding of mentoring and its role in facilitating the development of skills, integration, and personal performance within organisations.
- How to develop and manage the mentor/mentee relationship including practical tools and skills to mentor others, so they can reach full potential, boost morale, and transform toxic attitudes into positive attitudes.
- The role of the effective mentor and mentee and how to use a range of skills, tools, and characteristics to enhance the mentoring process
- The boundaries and responsibilities of the relationship
- How to recognise the stages of the mentoring relationship and apprenticeship journey with the new standards
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) techniques to understand effect on self and others
- How to use the G.R.O.W. model*
- Effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills to improve clarity of communication
- How to track improvements and challenge lack of it positively
- How to give effective feedback in a way that encourages positive change
- Appreciative inquiry within the conversation, appreciative feedback to enable learning that translates into long term behaviour change
- Using EI to raise awareness of how people behave – what we do reflects what we get back
- How to develop a learning plan