OverviewThe aim of this day is to introduce participants to the area of Adverse Childhood Experiences through a mixture of presentation of key concepts and scenarios, allowing participants to gain a greater understanding of the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences with case studies relevant to their daily roles.
Who is Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) aimed at?All those professionals working with children
Course Length1 day
On conclusion of the course, participants will understand:
The nature of Adverse Childhood Experiences, including
- Physical, sexual and verbal abuse.
- Physical and emotional neglect.
And having a family member who is:
- Depressed or diagnosed with other mental illness;
- Addicted to alcohol or another substance;
- In prison
- Witnessing a parent or guardian being abused;
- Losing a parent to separation, divorce or other reason
They will also understand the Impact of ACEs on Brain Development, Mental Health, Resilience and Attachment.