OverviewThis course aims to provide an introduction to contemporary attachment theory in the context of other theories. The focus will be on enabling participants to use this knowledge to inform their understanding of parent/child interactions and formulate effective interventions.
Who is Advanced Attachment training for Social Workers aimed at?Childrens Social Workers
Course Length1 day
By the end of the course participants will have been offered the opportunity to:-
- Explore the importance of attachment theory in understanding the needs of children and adults
- Look at how attachment patterns develop and ways in which we may recognise these
- Have an overview of the Dynamic Maturational Model of attachment and adaptation (DMM)
- Consider how the behaviour of children and adults can be best understood when we focus on the function of the behaviour, rather than the surface appearance of the behaviour
- Consider how a knowledge of attachment theory can help us have a deeper understanding of parent/child relationships and the ways in which this understanding can inform assessments and interventions.