Our half-day Active Signposting ‘standard’ course aims to help participants fully understand the skills and mindset necessary to actively signpost confidently and communicate with clarity. Also to understand and embrace the change to build new behaviours, be resilient and maintain a positive mindset throughout the whole process. The course will enable participants to build the skills and confidence to enable them to build empathy, to manage conversations and actively listen in order to understand the best signposting response first time for every patient.
Who is Active Signposting aimed at?
General Practice staff
Typical outcomes on our ‘standard’ Active Signposting course will enable participants, by the end of the course, to:
- Influence other people positively and confidently
- Understand the importance of body language and how to utilise it in
a positive way
- Examine phrases and words in common usage become positively
- Use Listening and Confidence-raising techniques in the workplace to
ensure appropriate signposting first time for every patient
Have sensitivity to different cultures, beliefs and differences to
ensure each patient is supported in an empathetic way
- Understand the change process, how to embrace change and deliver the
benefits positively to colleagues and patients
Replace behaviours and approaches that reduce influencing
effectiveness with ones that enhance it.
- Manage a conversation by understanding the patient’s reasoning with
- Remain calm and professional when faced with any form of conflict
- Deal with patients who refuse signposting and demand to see a GP
- Recognise Red Flag symptoms and appropriately deal with the patient
- Understand the 9 key competencies of the role
- Reflect, feedback and improve the signposting process for all