Working with Distressed & Difficult Patients & Clients
This course will look at working with distressed and difficult clients by developing awareness of the issues involved when sharing information in a highly emotive and challenging setting. Delegates will develop an understanding of the impact, on both the giver and receiver, of support and information and explore tried and tested ways of communicating with distressed people and identify the most appropriate strategies.
Who is the course aimed at?
This workshop is aimed at all professionals who require training in this field
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– Clarify, practice and improve communications skills
– Provide practical advice and strategies for dealing with people in distress
– Develop mechanisms for personal, peer and organisational support
– Increase confidence and competence in communicating with and supporting people in distress
– Endorse the benefits of sharing skills, experiences and feelings, when involved in this type of work
“Very good seminar; made a very dry subject understandable and interesting. Related it well to real situations” (Nurse, Lincoln)