Learners will develop an awareness of Schizophrenia how best to support an individual who may be suffering with it.
How long is the Course?
Half a Day
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- What is Schizophrenia- including a definition of Schizophrenia, common types and symptoms of each, statistics of sufferers within the population?
- Causes of Schizophrenia including predisposing factors that could affect the likelihood of an individual developing the illness.
- How Schizophrenia affects people including symptomatology and behavioural affects
- Effective interventions for Schizophrenia including Pharmacology, and psychological interventions.
- Managing Schizophrenia- Reducing the impact on an individual