Safeguarding Adults – Chairing Meetings
– To equip delegates with the knowledge and skills to be able to effectively chair multi agency meetings involved in the protection of vulnerable adults
– To provide delegates with the opportunity of chairing a multiagency meeting through the medium of role play in order to improve their personal skills and to receive constructive feedback from delegates
– To consider the particular, specific requirement involved in chairing strategy meetings in the context of Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
Who is the course aimed at?
Senior Social Workers and Social Work Managers, Safeguarding Managers
How long is the course?
What will you learn?
– decide who to invite to the meeting
– prepare the necessary documentation in advance of the meeting
– draw up an agenda in consultation with key partners
– set clear priorities for each agenda item and allocate a time slot
– facilitate the taking of clear minutes of the meeting
– facilitate constructive discussion between the representatives at the meeting whilst remaining in charge
– summarise key points and group decisions
– manage the process of recording the minutes and distributing the minutes to the key people
– ensure that follow-up actions decided by the meeting are carried out
“Presenter made a complex subject easy to understand & interesting”