Professional Boundaries for Social Workers
The focus of this training event is to equip participants with knowledge skills, practice examples and provide them opportunity to apply boundaries in work settings
How Long is the Course?
Who is the Course Aimed at?
- Have a shared understanding of the definition of the meaning of boundaries in a professional setting
- An understanding of current research regarding the impact of ineffective boundary setting
- Have explored tools available to use to effectively set and maintain boundaries
- Have an understanding of how outcomes for clients can be improved with proactive boundary setting
- Be aware of how the use of self can impact on boundaries and the perception of boundaries by others through practice opportunities
- Understand different issues which affect the setting and maintaining of boundaries including personal, organisation and staff approaches to working with boundaries
- By the end of the event delegates to confidently identify when to set boundaries and when to share concerns with others