Engaging with patients on a more personal and proactive level, and supporting them to help manage their own care, can have a dramatic effect on the experience of patients and the satisfaction of the entire practice team.
Staff who attend this training will gain an understanding of patient engagement in terms of;
· cost, quality and patient outcomes.
· engaging patients in shared decision making
· how to formulate a brief action plan in support of behaviour change
· be more aware and responsive to the role of patient engagement
· active signposting
· Patient Participation Groups (PPG)
· Volunteer sessions