Minute & Note Taking
Taking minutes in meetings is a key task and doing it correctly allows an individual toÂ contribute greatly to making a real difference to meeting outcomes. We offer minute taking training across a wide range of meeting types, including children’s and adult social care, health care, business and industry. Our courses have been delivered widely to all of these sectors, to people with different roles, backgrounds and aspirations and they are therefore shaped by the prospective audience and tailored to meet their specific needs.
Who is the Course aimed at?
Staff working within local authorities, social care and health care,Â business and industry, all of whom are responsible for the taking of minutes across a wide range of meeting types.
How long is the Course?
Half a day
What will you learn?
At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- the fundamentals of effective & productive meetings and how your role can contribute toward meetings that make a real difference
- agendas and related documents
- how to prepare for a meeting
- how to present agendas and support documents
- how to communicate with the chair and delegates and active listening skills
- the importance of effective communication, leading to a fuller understanding of the issues being discussed and more accurate reflections of the discussion in the final minutes
- how much information and what information to record
- proof reading, typos, spelling, language, jargon and sentence structure
- how to write more effective, compelling and accurate minutes
- reviewing and anticipating future Any Other Business
- reviewing the discussions that have taken place, looking at future needs and the preparation of future minutes
“Very clear information. Thanks so much for all the knowledge you provided” – Minute Taker, CYPD, Wirral